Fast and Low
A VR experience like no other. Take control of either Officer Maximus Faust or Officer Samuel Lo. Or team up locally via asymmetric multiplayer to tackle each scenario. 'Cause when the bad guys gotta go...you gotta hit 'em Fast...and you gotta hit 'em Low.
About This Game
In a city under fire...it is up to two cops to clean up the streets. Players can take control of either Officer Maximus Faust (controlled with VR), or they can play as Officer Samuel Lo (played like a traditional FPS). Players using Officer Faust will be able to use VR moves (like peeking around corners, blind-firing their weapons, and dual wielding), whereas players using Officer Lo will be able to take advantage of a wider array of gadgets that is not available for Faust. Players can go through the levels solo (with their respective AI partner), or they can team up locally via asymmetric multiplayer to tackle each mission.
- Built from the ground up for room-scale Virtual Reality.
- Game offers multiple forms of free-locomotion (arm-swinging or touch-pad locomotion). This can be adjusted in the menu board.
- Realistic weapon handling!
- Each mission has bonus objectives that provide players with the opportunity to unlock new weapons and new perks to further bolster their crime-stopping prowess. Try to find those hidden areas!
- A Free play mode for unlocked missions! Adjust the number of civilians or hostiles in mission to increase/decrease the challenge!
- Enemies take locational-based damage, and react accordingly. Shoot a hostile's arm and you can disarm them. Shoot one of their leg's and you'll cripple them. Or shoot out both of their legs...and watch them fall helplessly to the ground. Each limb has it's own individual health bar...so there will never be a case where unloading a full clip on your target's foot will kill them.
- Ability to tone down the violence in the game. Character "gibbing" can be disabled entirely.
What is the goal of Fast and Low?
The vision of Fast and Low is to create a violent, tactical first-person shooter game within a colorful cartoon environment. Enemies have the ability to kill you in one or two bursts, but likewise, you can take out threats with one or two shots as well (depending on your accuracy). I wanted to create a game where the weapons have a strong impact when fired, making the kills feel very over-the-top. However, it is important to note that players should are only permitted to use deadly force when absolutely necessary… you are playing as cop after all.
One of the key features of Fast and Low is the ability to play locally with a buddy (via asymmetric multiplayer) on the same computer. I feel that there are not enough games currently in VR that allow interaction between a VR player and the outside world.
Who are the developers?
Just myself. This started off as a passion project which I worked on in my spare time. I only started learning how to use Unity and make models in blender a short while ago. Now, after a year and half of grinding… here we are!
Check out my youtube channel for even more videos on this game:
Please purchase Fast and Low if you would like to support me on this adventure! Thank you!
- OS: Windows 7 SP1
- Processor: Intel i5 750
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 or equivalent
- Storage: 2 GB available space