Train Simulator: Union Pacific GP50 Loco Add-On
About This ContentThe high-powered GP50 from EMD is now available for Train Simulator in Union Pacific livery.
The GP50 was the first model built by General Motors’ Electro-Motive Division to be equipped with microprocessor controls, similar to GE’s Dash 8 Series, which EMD saw as the main competitor to its own four-axle model. Powered by a 16-cylinder diesel engine, a total of 278 models were built between 1980 and 1985.
The first railroad to take delivery was the Chicago and North Western Railroad, who saw the locomotives as power for high-priority trains such as intermodal services. Soon after, the Missouri Pacific Railroad, Southern Railway, and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway took delivery of GP50s, and although many of these railroads have since been absorbed, all GP50s remain in service today.
The EMD GP50 for Train Simulator, developed by DigitalTrainModel, is available in Union Pacific livery and features opening cab doors and windows, numberboard and platform lighting, and dynamic braking.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Union Pacific GP50 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Sherman Hill route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Sherman Hill route:
- Shunting in the Night
- Stopped at Colores
- Rolling Stock for Cement Plant
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.
- EMD GP50 in Union Pacific livery
- Opening cab doors and windows
- Numberboard and platform lighting
- Dynamic braking
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Sherman Hill route
- Download size: 335mb
- OS: Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos