Train Simulator: Clear Creek Old Timer Rolling Stock Pack Add-On
About This ContentThe popular Clear Creek Narrow Gauge route for Train Simulator provides the opportunity to step back in time – to steam-era Colorado railroading in the 1930s. And now, the Clear Creek Old Timer Rolling Stock Pack transports you back even further – to the captivating era of narrow-gauge Rockies railroading during the 1890s!
The Clear Creek Old Timer Rolling Stock Pack – from Milepost Simulations – features a selection of locomotives, freight rolling stock, and passenger equipment that worked on the Clear Creek Narrow Gauge lines during the “Roaring Nineties,” when the Clear Creek lines were under the control of the Union Pacific Railroad as part of a subsidiary company, the Union Pacific, Denver & Gulf Railroad.
Motive power included in the Clear Creek Old Timer Rolling Stock Pack comes in the captivating form of the Baldwin 2-8-0 type built in 1890 for the Denver, Leadville & Gunnison (successor to the famed Denver, South Park & Pacific Railroad). Diminutive but potent, these Consolidations saw service on the DL&G and the UPD&G and, after coming to the Colorado & Southern at the turn of the century, were rebuilt into the C&S B4D class 2-8-0s featured with the Clear Creek route. The DL&G locomotive features oil headlamp, diamond stack, and link-and-pin couplers typical of the era, and the locomotive, like the B4D, presents a range of advanced features including a custom-scripted optional fireman.
The Clear Creek Old Timer Rolling Stock Pack provides a superb range of period-authentic rolling stock in the liveries and lettering of three different railroads: The Denver, South Park & Pacific; the Union Pacific; and the Union Pacific, Denver & Gulf.
A wooden box car, 4-wheel “bobber” caboose, and wooden gondola (empty and with coal and gravel loads) are provided in DSP&P and Union Pacific liveries, and a wooden reefer is provided in UP dress. Three types of wooden passenger equipment are provided in UPD&G liveries: a baggage-mail-express car; a coach; and an open-side excursion car. These early passenger cars are equipped with Miller Hook couplings.
Bringing the narrow-gauge 1980s railroading to full life in the Clear Creek Old Timer Rolling Stock Pack is a selection of six authentic freight and passenger career scenarios, as well as Quick Drive freight and passenger consists. The “Roaring Nineties” and the magic of old-time steam railroading on the Clear Creek Narrow Gauge Route Add-On (available separately) await you – with the Clear Creek Old Timer Rolling Stock Pack!
Included ScenariosThe Clear Creek Old Timer Rolling Stock Pack includes six challenging career scenarios including passenger, freight, and switching operations:
- [OT1] Downhill Freight
- [OT2] Sunday Excursion to the Loop Part 1
- [OT3] Sunday Excursion to the Loop Part 2
- [OT4] Sunday Excursion to the Loop Part 3
- [OT5] Black Hawk Switching
- [OT6] Freight round the Loop
Please Note: The Clear Creek Narrow Gauge Route Add-On is required, as a separate purchase, in order to play the scenarios featured in this add-on.
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.
- 1890 Baldwin-built narrow-gauge Denver, Leadville & Gunnison 2-8-0 with custom-scripted auto fireman and realistic operation features.
- Period-authentic narrow-gauge passenger rolling stock, including Union Pacific, Denver & Gulf baggage-mail-express car; coach; and open-side excursion car.
- Freight equipment including wooden box car, 4-wheel “bobber” caboose, and wooden gondola (empty and with coal and gravel loads) in DSP&P and Union Pacific liveries; wooden reefer in UP livery.
- Six challenging career scenarios featuring passenger, freight, and switching operations.
- Quick Drive compatible.
- Download size: 95MB
- OS:Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:4 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:40 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics:Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required